STORY SQUAD 2018 INCURSION PROGRAMS
Story Squad is now offering programs in schools. We have a range of programs that have already been developed.
We can also adapt, or create bespoke workshops to suit your school and learning needs.
The key objectives of our programs are to develop 21st century learners by:
- Building a growth mindset around generating ideas and opening pathways to creative thinking
- Understanding the role of stories in affecting change and putting positive ideas into the world
- Inspiring kids to become confident storytellers as an effective means of communication and connection
- Developing key skills of creative thinking and creative problem solving to overcome obstacles – real or imaginary!
- Understanding different personalities and building empathy – for characters and each other.
BOOK WEEK 2018
Find Your Treasure - 18th - 24th August
Story Squad runs interactive and immersive book week workshops for your school. We get kids involved and engaged with games to play, stories to create, and fun to have, celebrating stories and the important role they play in our lives. Story Squad can either leverage the CBCA Book Week theme, or develop a bespoke theme on request – it’s up to you!
IDEAS CAN CHANGE THE WORLD
Where do ideas come from? How do we come up with them? Is there such a thing as a bad idea? This workshop teaches kids about the power of their ideas and creative thinking, and provides them with the tools to come up with ideas, then the confidence to share them. Specifically:
- Building HAVES, CAN DOs and growth mindset around ideas and opening pathways to creative thinking
- Understanding the role and importance of stories and their power to connect, affect change and put positive ideas into the world
- Inspiring kids to become storytellers as an effective means of communication and connection.
10 WEEK STORYTELLING FOUNDATIONS PROGRAM
In this exciting term-long program budding storytellers will be inspired by a new imaginative challenge each week. In the process they’ll learn the fundamentals of storytelling and creative writing whilst building their confidence in expressing their ideas. Kids will learn through role-playing, character immersion, games and, of course, creative writing. They will then use the skills they have learned to plan and craft a story of their own.
Keep an eye out for our Professional Development programs, to be announced soon. Register your interest here.