Terms & Conditions
- By registering yourself or your child/ren in a Story Squad class or holiday camp you acknowledge acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Enrolment and re-enrolment is on a first come first served basis and places in our programs are only confirmed upon full payment of fees.
- Story Squad reserves the right to refuse or terminate enrolment to any participant who poses a disciplinary problem, a threat or harm to others, or disrupts the learning or experience for other participants.
- Unacceptable language or bullying will under no circumstances be tolerated and will result in the child being removed from the program. In these circumstances Story Squad will have no obligation to provide any refund.
- Story Squad reserves the right to cancel or change the timetable and pricing structure at any time. Program times and locations may vary depending on final numbers. In the case of a cancelled workshop that has been paid for, or a change of time and/or location that results in your child no longer being able to attend, a full refund will be provided.
- All Program Leaders possess a current Working with Children check. We aim to ensure your child’s Program Leader is as consistent as possible, however we reserve the right to change Program Leaders without notice.
- Story Squad is closed on public holidays. In the event a workshop is cancelled on a particular day, we will inform you about this as soon as possible.
- You are entitled to one make-up class per term, subject to availability. To be eligible for a make-up class you must provide at least 24 hours notice of an absence.Make-up classes are only available during our regular term hours, within the same term as the missed workshop, and are subject to availability. If you forget to attend a scheduled make-up class, you are not entitled to another one.
- In the event that a term enrolment is cancelled at least ten days prior to the start of the term, the fees will be refunded minus an administration fee of up to $15. If a term enrolment is cancelled after term has commenced, a refund for remaining classes will only be provided (minus administration fee) from the time a replacement student can be found. No refunds are available for holiday camp fees.
- Story Squad shall not be liable for any personal injury, damage to property, loss or liability suffered by any student or any student’s parent or guardian arising from or in relation to the enrolment or participation in any Story Squad class due to any cause whatsoever unless caused by the proven negligence or wilful misconduct of Story Squad.
- You acknowledge that Story Squad is not responsible for any personal property you or your child may bring onto the premises, and we will not be liable for any loss or damage to such property.
- You acknowledge that Story Squad is not responsible for any lost or damaged student work. It is the responsibility of each student to take any work with them at the end of the workshop. Any work left behind may be disposed of.
- If you or the person you nominated as your emergency contact cannot be contacted in the case of illness or accident, you authorise us to seek any medical, hospital or ambulance services as we see fit and you agree to meet all expenses involved.
- You acknowledge that Story Squad retains enrolment information on a confidential database. You authorise Story Squad to use this information to send you marketing information from time to time.
- Privacy Statement: Information collected by Story Squad is personal information, as defined by the Privacy Act 1998. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, telephone number and postal address. How the information is used: Story Squad uses your personal information to contact you about a booking, and to keep you informed of matters that may be of interest to you (unless you request otherwise). Your personal information is not used for commercial purposes and is not distributed to any other organisation for any purpose. Security: The Story Squad site is protected by 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer technology. This is indicated by the padlock symbol on your browser and means that all data sent between your browser and the server is encrypted, including your log in, profile and credit card details. Credit card transactions are processed immediately using a secure payment gateway to the banking system, so we do not store your credit card details and provide you with instant feedback on the status of a transaction.
- You agree to Story Squad using photographs of you/your child for marketing and publicity purposes unless you explicitly request otherwise.
- Story Squad may amend these terms and conditions at any time in its discretion. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the website.